Java Application Support Engineer
We are looking for a Java Application Support engineer
A day at Skryv
- Check and update incident status, investigate for resolution and communicate to the client
- Control on client cloud platform application status and alarms
- Prepare service desk report for next service meeting with the client and review with the service manager
- Participate to and support the development team in testing and deploying new releases, in coordination with the client.
Do you recognise yourself? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes, we are not perfect either.
- You have a broad technical knowledge. Thanks to your training (master/bachelor) in a technical field, you are a Jack of all trades.
- You are familiar with cloud hosting, operating systems (Unix/Lunix/Windows) and Devops approach.
- You have affinity with Java application operations and deployments
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch. You like to write clear documentation and to communicate regularly with your clients and the team.
- You are able to multi-task between problems investigation and communication to the dev team and timely reply to clients request and issues
- You work smart and actively search for a way to improve and automate application support
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- A learning path that will advance your career, at Skryv we continuously invest in our employees. You’ll learn on the job from your colleagues and through formal training. There is plenty of room for specific training to develop your technical skills. For soft skills, such as communication and teamwork, we organise company workshops and training.
- Flexibility to organise your work, including home working when possible (as said, flexibility works both ways!)
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
- And of course, we have fun! No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we go for a drink, play games and have a relaxed portion of fun
What's the procedure?
Very simple: you drop us a note (email@example.com), explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a repo, blog or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a Skype call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you come over for a few hours. You meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!