Java full-stack engineer
We are looking for a Java full-stack engineer!
For the further build of our platform we are looking for a Java full-stack engineer. You develop the core of our software platform and help to keep it up and running. You are keen to learn new stuff and like breaking things.
A day at Skryv
Your workday starts at home, our office near Brussels Central Station or at the client’s office. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start coding. Fan of vi, IntelliJ or Sublime? You pick whatever tooling that allows you to take up any of the following roles:
- (Co-)Develop the core of our software platform (Node, Angular, Java, Vue.js, …).
- Participate in DevOps by keeping our platform up and running in optimal condition. You do this through proactive monitoring and improving.
- Support our teams at the customer side with customisations, configuration changes, dev questions, troubleshooting, …
- You have a bachelor or master in IT, engineering or equivalent practical experience. You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn new stuff.
- You are comfortable building and using RESTful APIs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code that flows through our continuous integration and deployment cycle.
- You are able to split large problems into smaller parts and share your solutions with the team
- Whatever you do, you keep the customer in mind.
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch or French.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
- Flexibility to organise your work to your own preferences (as said, flexibility works both ways!
- The choice to work where you prefer: 2 days a week we are physically together, the other days you are free to work from home, from the office or from any location that suits your day
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will make you a top-notch SaaS software engineer. You learn from your colleagues and we organise regular workshops and training, for technical skills as well as soft skills, such as communication and teamwork.
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
What's the procedure?
Very simple: you drop us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a repo, blog or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a Skype call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you come over for a few hours. You meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!