JAVA Software engineer
We are looking for a JAVA software engineer!
For the further build of our platform we are looking for a JAVA software engineer. You develop the core of our software platform and help to keep it up and running. You are keen to learn new stuff and like breaking things.
A day at Skryv
- (Co-)Develop the core of our software platform (Node, Angular, JAVA, Vue.js, …).
- Participate in DevOps by keeping our platform up and running in optimal condition. You do this through proactive monitoring and improving.
- Support our teams at the customer side with customisations, configuration changes, dev questions, troubleshooting, …
- You have a bachelor or master in IT, engineering or equivalent practical experience. You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn new stuff.
- You are comfortable building and using RESTful APIs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code that flows through our continuous integration and deployment cycle.
- You are able to split large problems into smaller parts and share your solutions with the team
- Whatever you do, you keep the customer in mind.
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch or French.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
- Flexibility to organise your work to your own preferences (as said, flexibility works both ways!
- The choice to work where you prefer: 2 days a week we are physically together, the other days you are free to work from home, from the office or from any location that suits your day
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will make you a top-notch SaaS software engineer. You learn from your colleagues and we organise regular workshops and training, for technical skills as well as soft skills, such as communication and teamwork.
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
What's the procedure?
Very simple: you drop us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a repo, blog or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a Skype call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you come over for a few hours. You meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!