As a Solution Engineer you are the primary technical contact for the client. You get to know their architecture, you design & develop technical integrations and you install the solution.
You are comfortable in client settings and not afraid to roll up your sleeves. In short: this is the ideal role if you want to grow from a developer to an all-round technical designer and architect.
A day at Skryv
Your workday starts at the client site, at our office near Brussels Central Station or at home. You open your laptop, check in to say hello and start the day with one of the following tasks:
- Meet the client to shape the customisations and integrations. You’ll need to get a good understanding of their architecture and non-functional requirements.
- You design the technical integrations such as web service calls, security integration and data fetching. You do this in collaboration with the functional analysts and other developers
- Once the technical design is approved, you develop the customisations and integrations. All of our development is based on a modern technology stack (Java8, Spring boot, Node.js, ElasticSearch, Camunda, docker, …).
- Installation of the solution on our cloud infrastructure or at the client’s infrastructure.
In the beginning, you will receive a lot of hands-on coaching. As you grow in your role, you’ll work more and more independently. As Skryv continuously grows, you’ll become the coach yourself.
Do you recognise yourself in this description? We want you to fit in with the team. Do not worry if you cannot tick all of the boxes yet, we are not perfect either.
- You have a master degree in IT, computer engineering or related technical field.
- You have +/- 5 years of experience with Java (incl. spring) and have had exposure to Node.js. You have a broad technical interest and are keen to learn new stuff.
- You have a first experience with standard Web Security technologies (LDAP, Oauth2,…)
- You are a good communicator, both in English and Dutch. You like to communicate regularly with our clients and the team. You always keep the customer in mind and get a good understanding of their needs.
- You deliver high-quality, maintainable code of which you want to take ownership. You keep track of your work through JIRA.
- You have the guts to work at a dynamic scale-up. This means that you are self-driven and autonomous, that you like to work in a quickly changing environment and have a flexible attitude whenever the job requires it (which works both ways, as you can read below).
- Are you looking for bonus points? Experience with BPMN and Docker is a plus.
What do we offer apart from your paycheck?
We want you (and all of us) to become the best in what we do. So you’ll get:
- The freedom to choose your tools (OS, IDE, …)
- A learning path that will advance your career, at Skryv we continuously invest in our employees. You’ll learn on the job from your colleagues and through formal training. There is plenty of room for specific training to develop your technical skills. For soft skills, we organise company workshops and training.
- Flexibility to organise your work, including home working when possible (as said, flexibility works both ways!)
- A sports budget, a mobility budget (you choose how you move around), health insurance, a group insurance and we cover for your work-related expenses.
- And of course, we have fun! No need to be serious all the time! Every 2nd Thursday of the month, we go for a drink, play games and have a relaxed portion of fun.
What's the procedure?
Very simple: you drop us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining why you want to work for Skryv and how your experience can help us to become even better as a company. A link to a repo, blog or any other info is always a plus! Next, we set up a Skype call to get to know each other. If you and we are convinced that there is a good match, you come over for a few hours. You meet the team and do a short exercise that resembles the work you will do. If both sides are still happy and fully convinced, we sign a contract and get going!